Mohammed Bello, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), says 14 more COVID-19 patients were discharged in the nation’s capital on Thursday.
In a tweet on Friday, Bello said the patients were discharged after their subsequent tests came back negative.
The minister said the development brings the total number of discharged patients in the FCT to 133.
“On Thursday, May 21, 2020, fourteen (14) #COVID19 patients who were being treated at our Isolation and Treatment Centres tested negative in their subsequent tests. They have now been discharged,” he tweeted.
“This brings to 133, the total number of discharged patients in the FCT. #StaySafe.”
The development is coming three days after Bello announced the discharge of 18 COVID-19 patients.
The FCT has recorded the third highest number of COVID-19 cases with 446.
It comes after Lagos and Kano that recorded 3,093 and 875 cases respectively, according to figures by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
So far, the country has a total of 7,016 cases of the disease; while 1,907 people have been discharged, 211 have died.