Coronavirus: VP Osinbajo in self-isolation, says aide

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is in self-isolation, his spokesman had confirmed.

Osinbajo’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, stated this on Tuesday.

Akande said his principal is self-isolating in accordance with the “protocols” of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

Jolting reports emerged earlier on Tuesday that Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had tested positive for coronavirus.

It was also gathered that the Presidential Task Force on coronavirus led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, was on an inspection visit to the Villa on Tuesday.

On whether some staff of the State House tested positive for coronavirus, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed stated during the inspection; “We don’t mention names in carrying out this responsibility. It’s a global practice so you don’t expect us to mention any name to you”.

As of Tuesday evening, there are 44 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Nigeria including Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed.

Akande disclosed on Twitter that;

Laolu Akande

@akandeoj

VP Osinbajo yesterday at the office conducted his meetings via video conferencing, while observing social distancing. Today, he continues his work from the home office, as he is in self-isolation in accordance with NCDC protocols. Photo: Tolani Alli

View image on Twitter
779 people are talking about this
The villa wore an apprehensive mood throughout the day as staff were seen in masks amid reports that some officials are also to self isolation.
At least three aides of Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari have been tested positive after  Buhari’s defacto  number two himself  had tested positive

Added to the mood was the transfer of the Permanent Secretary, State House, Mr. Jalal Arabi, out of the Villa to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.

Also the number of State House correspondents in the Villa has been pruned from over 100 to only 13.

A circular released by Deputy Director, Information, Mr. Attah Esa, said the pruning was done in accordance with the directive to reduce the number of people gathering anywhere from 50.

 

Open chat