The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says Saturday’s supplementary elections will take place in 18 states.
A document released by INEC on Thursday showed supplementary governorship polls will hold in five states including Bauchi (14 LGAs), Benue (22 LGAs, Plateau (9 LGAs) Kano (29 LGAs) and Sokoto (22 LGAs)
It said although an Adamawa state high court directed the suspension of supplementary election in the state, the exercise will hold for two constituencies for the house of assembly election.
“In Adamawa state, elections will hold in Nassarawo-Binyeri State Constituency of Mayo Belwa LGA, which was
countermanded as required by the Electoral Act following the death of a candidate on the eve of the Governorship and State assembly elections held on 9th March 2019,” the document read.
“Supplementary election will also hold in Uba/Gaya State Constituency in Hong LGA. In Bauchi State, supplementary elections will hold in Kirfi State Constituency of Kirfi LGA.”
The commission said supplementary election for state constituencies will hold in 18 states.
TheCable observed the total number of voters to participate in the supplementary election for state constituencies stand at 585,138.
Below is the list of states, affected LGAs and number of registered voters there:
- Bauchi (one LGA, 1,111 voters)
- Bayelsa (three LGAs, 58,270 voters)
- Benue (nine LGAs, 91,141 voters)
- Ebonyi (three LGAs, 45,905 voters)
- Edo (one LGA, 6,764 voters)
- Ekiti (one LGA, 2,244 voters)
- Kaduna (one LGA, 7,514 voters)
- Adamawa (two LGAs, 49,588 voters)
- Kano (one LGA, 40,821 voters)
- Kogi (three LGAs, 24,637 voters)
- Imo (five LGAs, 118,372 voters)
- Lagos (one LGA, 12,711 voters)
- Nasarawa (four LGAs, 43,874 voters)
- Osun (one LGA, 2,485 voters)
- Plateau (one LGA, 5,501 voters)
- Sokoto (two LGAs, 24,492 voters)
- Taraba (two LGAs, 19,912)
- FCT (four LGAs, 29,796 voters)