Friday , 23 February 2018
Latest
Home » News Unusual (page 5)

News Unusual

Suspects flush $120,000 down the toilets – Police

Prosecutors have opened an investigation into why two people literally tried to cram about 100,000 euros ($120,000) in 500 euro notes down the toilets.

The incident happened in Switzerland, precisely in three Geneva restaurants and an office of banking giant, UBS.

The notes “had probably been cut with scissors,” Geneva prosecution spokesman Vincent Derouand told AFP, confirming the May incident first reported by the Tribune de Geneve newspaper.

Derouand said the investigation would first focus on whether the cash was connected to any illegal activity because destroying — or attempting to flush — bank notes is not a crime in Switzerland.

Police were alerted to the case after the restaurants complained that their toilets had been clogged, the spokesman said.

Later, “a lawyer representing the people who flushed the notes came by and compensated them” for the cost of plumbing repairs, Derouand said.

The UBS branch involved is in central Geneva and hosts a wealth management office of Switzerland’s largest bank, Geneva prosecutors said.

Notes were discovered in toilets near the area where the bank has vaults, Derouand said.

UBS declined to comment on the story.

Derouand did not discuss the identity of the suspects, but the paper said they were two Spanish women who had stashed the money in a safe.
(AFP)

Nigerian woman trafficked to Oman begs for repatriation in anonymous audio message

 

A Nigerian woman in Oman, a country on the Arabian Peninsula, has passionately cried out to Nigerian authorities for help.

In an unverified audio shared on social media, the unnamed woman who made a desperate plea for help, begged anyone who gets the audio to distribute it until it gets to the Nigerian authorities.

Speaking in Yoruba language, the woman begged for repatriation of herself and other Nigerian ladies from Oman.

She explained that Nigerian women are used as slaves in the Arabian country. She said they are made to put in 20 hours of work every day of the week without any form of rest or break whatsoever.

“We wake up by 4 am and work till 12 am every day,” she said in the audio message. “Even when we are ill, they make us work for half of the day, and the next day, you must be ready to start work again.”

She said Nigerian agents who got them into the country are not helping matters, rather they complicate the issue all the more. She said many Nigerian ladies have died, while others have become mad due to severe maltreatment.

“If you say you are no longer working, they will beat you till you become useless, just like the agents tell them to do, then they throw you into the prison,” the obviously distressed lady revealed in the four minutes, 52 seconds audio message.

The lady who she works as a maid in Oman indicated that she was tricked into coming to the country. She said she wanted to go to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was only when the agent returned her passport with the visa that she saw that she was going to Oman.

Oman, an Arabic-speaking country of about 2.9million people has a history of showing little respect for human rights. Several stories about the ill-treatment of migrant workers have also emanated from the country which operates absolute monarchy.

Even though the country abolished slavery in 1970, the 2014 Global Slavery Index placed Oman at number 45 because 26,000 people were still in slavery in the country at that time.

Rabidly jealous wife allegedly throws rival’s babies into well

The Police Command in Nasarawa State has arrested a 20-year-old housewife, Aisha Isah, for allegedly throwing into a well her two stepdaughters, Zainab 4, and Baaba 2, over a disagreement with the children’s mother.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, DSP Kennedy Idirisu, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Lafia.

Idirisu said the suspect was arrested in Yelwan-Bassa village in Kokona Local Government Area following a report of the incident.

He said the suspect had confessed to the crime and expressed remorse over her action.

He said investigation revealed that Aisha, who is the second wife of Alhaji Isah, was always at loggerheads with the first wife, Maimuna, and that all efforts by their husband to settle their differences were unsuccessful.

The PPRO said Aisha claimed that the first wife was always instigating her children not to run errands for her, a development that infuriated her since she had no child of her own.

She said she had given birth to a baby girl in 2016, but the baby died after six months.

Idirisu said Aisha had thrown baby Baaba into the well in April but since no one saw her, the family believed the baby accidentally fell into the well and died.

On August 26, the police spokesman said, Aisha raised alarm that another child, Zainab, had fallen into the well and the husband dashed into the well to rescue the baby.

He said the husband brought out the baby dead, with her hands tied, which drew suspicion from the family and villagers leading to the arrest of Aisha.

According to him, Aisha later confessed to the crime and also accepted responsibility for the death of baby Baaba in April.

He said the suspect would be prosecuted as soon as investigation into matter was concluded.

(NAN)

 

Woman found dead in U.S. hotel freezer after attending party

 

The body of 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins, was discovered Sunday morning in the freezer at Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Conference Center in Rosemont, 17 miles southeast of Chicago.

According to Fox News, Jenkins was last seen attending a party at the hotel, and her mother, Tereasa Martin, said her daughter was intoxicated before stumbling into the freezer.

Few details have emerged about the night, but police has said they were investigating a Facebook Live video, which has been viewed more than three million times, that showed Jenkins in a ninth-floor hotel room.

Jenkins could be seen, through the reflection of a woman’s glasses, sitting in the corner of the room.

“Yes, they’ve looked at it and continue to look at it and all the other social media videos and posts,” Gary Mack, village of Rosemont spokesman, told the Chicago Tribune on Monday.

“They are leaving no stone unturned as far as trying to corral everyone they can and talk to them and interview them about what happened and what was going on that night.”

Mack added that police have identified most people in the video.

Man discovers wife was 4-months pregnant for lover after lavish wedding

 

The marriage of a couple simply known as Johnson and Lizza is now in danger following the discovery by her husband that his wife was already pregnant for her lover before he married her.

Johnson (surname withheld) is now in a dilemma after he spent huge sums of money to marry Lizza but later discovered that she was almost four months pregnant before he engaged her and brought her to Lagos.

The marriage took place in Onitsha, Anambra State but the couple were living at White sand area in Isheri Oshun area in the out skirt of Lagos. P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the man married his wife sometime in June this years without any sexual contact until after he performed the traditional marriage and church wedding in Onitsha.

However, when they came to Lagos she announced her pregnancy to her husband and they went to a private hospital where doctor confirmed that she was six months pregnant.

Trouble started when they calculated the time they really slept together and he discovered that Lizza was already pregnant before they got married.

It was gathered that they had return to General hospital at Isolo to re- confirm the pregnancy and months, it was the same six months. They became more confused which seemed to endanger their young marriage.

The wife claimed that she had a lover before she met Johnson but she had to sever the relationship when Johnson proposed to her. She said she had her normal menses and did not have any sign of pregnancy before they got married. She wants the husband to accept the pregnancy because both cannot really explain what happened.

But the husband was said to have developed cold feet since they discovered this and was thinking of divorce which he cannot get easily under Catholic Church where they wedded.

It was gathered the matter has been taken to a Catholic prayer ministry priest at Oke Afa in for intervention and resolution.

 

Man, fiancé, others abducted on engagement day

Gunmen on Sunday abducted a man, Moses Yakubu, his fiancee, five friends and family members in Akunnu Akoko, in the Akoko North-East Local Government Area of Ondo State.

It was gathered that the victims, whose identities were yet to be known, were abducted on their way to Akure for an engagement ceremony.

Yakubu and his fiancée were to be engaged in Akure on Sunday.

A source said the victims took off from Okene, Kogi State, for Akure in company with the friends and family members, including the best man and the chief bridesmaid.

The source said, “The kidnappers stopped their vehicle in Akunu and asked them to get out of the vehicle before dragging them into the bush.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that the fiancée and her sister were later released, leaving the groom and four other victims in the den of the kidnappers.

It was also gathered that the hoodlums had not contacted the families of the victims.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said, “The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Gbenga Adeyanju, has led a team to the area to rescue the victims. They will be rescued unhurt and the perpetrators will be arrested.”

Policeman kills wife, children, self in marital dispute

 

A French policeman shot his wife and two children dead on Sunday and then killed himself after the woman told him she wanted to leave the family home, the regional prosecutor said.

The shootings took place at the railway station in Noyon, northeast of Paris, prosecutor Virginie Girard said.

The incident took place after the wife had earlier called gendarmes to her house following a dispute during which she had told her husband she wished to leave him.

The officers observed that the husband, who had left, but returned while they were present, was “perfectly calm.”

He did not object to the wife taking their five children to the house of a neighbour, who was due to give them a lift to the station in two groups.

However, as the mother and the three youngest children waited on the station platform for the neighbour to bring the two eldest children, her husband reappeared and opened fire on his wife and two of the children, wounding them mortally before killing himself.

Investigators were checking whether the policeman had used his service weapon and ammunition in the killings, Girard said.

Man impregnates wife’s sister, kills baby five days after birth

The police in Bayelsa State have apprehended a 47-year-old man, Moses Otimba, for killing a five-day-old baby boy he fathered with the younger sister of his pregnant wife.

The suspect, was said to have impregnated the girl, Joy, and allegedly killed the child and buried it in a shallow grave near a river.

Otimba, an indigene of Ogbogoro community in Yenagoa Local Government Area of the state, was said to have carried out the act in connivance with Joy in order to hide the paternity of the baby.

 

Joy, 18, allegedly refused to disclose the identity of the father of her unborn baby throughout the nine months she was pregnant. She lived with her sister and Otimba throughout the period.

The two suspects were on Thursday paraded by the Commissioner of Police, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asuquo Amba, at the command’s headquarters in Yenagoa, the state capital.

Amba said policemen from the Yenagoa Police Division, arrested the two suspects on August 15, 2017, noting that they had confessed to the murder.

The CP said, “Mr. Moses Otimba, male, 47, impregnated one Joy Matthew, 18, a younger sister to his wife, Glory. The pregnant Joy was delivered of the baby by a traditional birth attendant at Amarata, Yenagoa on May 8, 2017.

“On May 13, 2017, Moses, Joy and the baby left the birth attendant and went across the Swali Bridge where Moses took the baby from his mother, went down the shore, suffocated the baby and buried the body in a shallow grave.”

Amba said Joy, who alleged that she was being tormented by “some spirits”, confessed to the incident to her mother three months after the act.

He said Joy’s mother alerted the police, which swung into action and arrested the suspects.

The police commissioner said, “The police visited the scene of the incident. By the time they got to the scene, the current of the river had washed away the child’s body.

‘’The suspect, Moses Otimba, has confessed to the crime and Joy has also confessed her alleged involvement in the murder of the baby. Investigation is ongoing.’’

When asked if what the police said was true, the prime suspect, Otimba, spoke in affirmation, saying that he killed the baby because he was scared and afraid to break the news to his wife (Glory) and his mother-in-law.

He admitted that he killed the baby with the consent of Joy, saying that he told Joy of his predicament concerning the paternity and that Joy “gladly gave him the boy” to kill.

Otimba said, “I killed the baby boy because I was afraid. I did not really know how to face my wife and my mother-in-law. I am really sorry.

“I took the baby to the bush in my community and closed his nose until he died. When I was carrying out the act, I was weeping and crying but I had no choice.

‘’When I got to the site, he was five days old then, I closed his nose and within some seconds, he stopped breathing. After that, I started regretting.

“The mother of the baby agreed that we should kill him. I told Joy that I did not know how to tell my wife about the development.

“On that day, she was carrying the baby. She gladly gave me the baby to do as I wished. My wife was not aware of all of this. But somehow, I did not know what happened. I learnt the baby’s mother told her mother who alerted the police and we were arrested.”

 

Police investigate couple filmed having sex in broad daylight at train station

 

Police are investigating after a couple were filmed having sex in broad daylight at a London Overground station – before casually boarding a train.

Extraordinary footage, captured by a passenger at Hackney Downs station, showed the pair romping on a platform in front of shocked onlookers.

With their trousers pulled down, they appeared to engage in sexual intercourse for around 90 seconds, as the woman leaned against a wall.

They eventually stopped the X-rated act and strolled on to a train. The incident was reported to British Transport Police on Saturday afternoon.

A BTP spokesperson told Mirror Online: “We are investigating reports of a couple engaging in sexual activity on a platform at Hackney Downs station.

“The incident was reported to BTP around 1.20pm on Saturday 26 August.”

In the footage, which was later posted online and shared by thousands of viewers, the red-haired woman appears to catch sight of the camera.

As she and the man adjust their clothes, she seemingly makes an exasperated expression, suggesting she realises they are being recorded.

The pair were later filmed walking hand-in-hand along the station platform before nonchalantly boarding the train with other travellers.

The explicit scenes were filmed by a passenger, who posted the video on Twitter with the caption: “Hackney Downs is a different place uno, how’s a man clarting this ting at a train station.”

The pair are not the only couple to be caught having sex on public transport.

In April last year, shocking video emerged of a randy couple romping on a station platform in Barcelona in full view of other passengers.

The shameless pair kept their tops on but threw their trousers on the ground so they could get intimate on one of the benches normally reserved for commuters waiting for their train to arrive.

The unbelievable scenes took place in at Liceu station, which is located in the Spanish city’s Gothic Quarter.

And in December another couple were cautioned by police after they were caught engaging in a sex act at a town-centre rail station.

Victim bites off rapist’s penis during forced oral sex

A 17-year-old rape victim fought back against the man who is accused of making her perform oral sex act on him.

The rapist was left with serious injuries after she sunk her teeth into his private parts during the alleged attack.

He is accused of forcing himself on the youngster in Saltillo, in the north-central Mexican state of Coahuila, Mexico.

But in the middle of the alleged sexual assault, she was able to sink her teeth into his genitals, according to reports.

The unidentified man then went to hospital to be treated for the bite wounds to his penis and testicles.

Doctors quickly became suspicious of the injuries and reported him to the authorities.

Police attended the hospital where they arrested the man who has now been charged with rape.

The teenage girl, who cannot be named as she is entitled to lifetime anonymity as the alleged victim of a sexual assault, is believed to be helping with the investigation.

Rape and sexual assault is thought to be common in Mexico where the abuse of woman is often connected to the country’s vicious drugs gangs.

It is believed that victims are often reluctant to report their abuse for fear of reprisals as well as social backlash.

Also, many women do not trust the authorities in the Central American country which has become infamous for police corruption, DailyStar reports.