Home Lifestyle Man electrocuted using iPhone in the bath

Man electrocuted using iPhone in the bath

6
0
Advertisements
Advertisements

A man died when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone and using it in the bath.

Thirty-two-year-old Richard was discovered by his wife and had such severe burns to his chest, arm and hand that she thought he had been attacked.

He is thought to have used an extension cord running into the bathroom from the hallway then rested the phone on his chest.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements

When it touched the water, the phone electrocuted him, killing him immediately.

The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death, saying: “These (iPhones) seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.

“They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

His mother said: “I worry so many people, and especially teenagers who can’t be separated from their phones, don’t know how dangerous it is.”

The incident happened in Ealing, West London; and was reported in the SUN.

Advertisements
READ ALSO:  Report: MRS Holdings supported NNPC with $300m for acquisition of Chevron assets
Previous articleFayemi seeks tariff, tax incentives for steel sector
Next articleNigerian arrested for masturbating in front of women in car park

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here