Home News Meghan Markle’s sister attacks Royal Bride-to-Be

Meghan Markle’s sister attacks Royal Bride-to-Be

2
0
Advertisements
Advertisements

…says “if you can spend $75k on a dress, you can spend $75 on your dad

The half-sister of Meghan Markle has attacked the Royal bride-to-be, accusing her of not helping their bankrupt father enough.

Samantha Grant said: “If you can spend $75,000 on a dress, you can spend $75,000 on your dad.”

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements

The 52-year-old was referring to the £56,000 designer dress Meghan wore with Prince Harry in their engagement photos.

Samantha revealed her dad Thomas, 73, is working with a doctor on his “bad leg” so that he can walk Meghan, 36, down the aisle on May 19 at Windsor Castle’s St George’s Chapel .

There had been speculation about whether Mr Markle would be invited to perform the traditional role of the father of the bride and give his daughter away.

But during a television interview, when asked by broadcaster Matthew Wright if her father would be attending the wedding, Samantha replied: “Yes he is, God forbid unless a plane crashes through his roof, he’ll be there one way or the other.”

READ ALSO:  Doyin Okupe, others expelled from Labour Party

Speaking from Florida she told the Channel 5 show The Wright Stuff: “So any rumour to the contrary is… MY favourite new word is becoming ‘oh rubbish’. Yeah, so he will be there.”

Meanwhile, Prince Harry has not yet asked his brother to be best man, William said last night.

The future King also joked he is “still working” on the diary clash that sees the Royal wedding on the same day as the FA Cup final .

The Duke , who is widely expected to perform best man duties at his younger brother’s wedding to Meghan Markle on May 19, said he had not been officially invited to carry out the role as he joined a discussion about what makes a “best man”.

When compère Roman Kemp made reference to William’s upcoming role, the prince laughed and replied: “He hasn’t asked me yet, just to clear that up. It could be a sensitive subject.”

READ ALSO:  FG alerts Nigerians to ongoing WhatsApp scam

Asked by footballer Rio Ferdinand about the date which means the Duke is likely to miss the football, he replied he was “trying to see what I can do” about the situation.

Advertisements
Previous articleJUST IN: Ambode drops three commissioners in cabinet reshuffle
Next articleYusuf, Buhari’s son recovers, ready for discharge

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here