Akure socialite ‘Saybayo’ died in brothel after sex romp with mistress – Police

Spread the love

 

Sunday Bayo, a popular Akure-based socialite known as ‘Saybayo’, whose corpse was found last year within a residential estate, died in a brothel, the police revealed.

Advertisements

Mr Bayo, 43, was reportedly killed a few weeks before Christmas last year December, then by unidentified persons – shortly after he was declared missing by his families and friends.

His corpse was found inside his vehicle in the Ijapo Estate, a popular private residential area being accommodated by the rich in the state capital, Akure.

Advertisements

Video footage showing the remains of the deceased in a pool of blood had then circulated on social media, generating angry reactions from his colleagues who attributed his death to political assassination.

But confirming his death in a release on Friday, Ondo police spokeswoman, Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, said the popular socialie died after a sex romp with his mistress at a brothel in Ijapo Estate.

Mrs Odunlami-Omisanya revealed that the long arms of detectives from the Special Weapons and Tactics Team caught up with his mistress, identified as Atinuke Adeniyi, who had an affair with the deceased before he died.

“The SWAT team, through intelligence-led policing, apprehended one Atinuke Adeniyi ‘f’ aged 29years who claimed she and the deceased were involved in a romantic affair and that on the 9th, a day before the corpse was dumped, she and the deceased made out at a brothel in Ijapo, after which the deceased started convulsing and out of fear she abandoned him and quietly left the room,” she explained.

Mrs Odunlami-Omisanya further noted that the suspect, Ms Adeniyi, led the team to the brothel where one Adeojo Ilesanmi, 50, the owner of the building, was arrested and confessed.

“He (Ilesanmi) confessed to having driven the corpse to the scene where it was found from his brothel with claims that he was afraid when he realized the deceased died in his brothel.”

She, however, said investigation was still in progress over the murder case, stressing that the suspects would be charged to court after police findings.

 

Advertisements