By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The NewsmatricsThe NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
  • Homepage
  • News
    • Latest
    • From the state
    • Science and Tech
    • News Unusual
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Aviation
    • Maritime
    • Personal Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: EFCC suspends officers rapper Oladips accused of N10m extortion
Sign In
Notification Show More
Aa
The NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
Aa
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Search
  • Homepage
  • News
    • Latest
    • From the state
    • Science and Tech
    • News Unusual
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Aviation
    • Maritime
    • Personal Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved.
News

EFCC suspends officers rapper Oladips accused of N10m extortion

Last updated: 2025/11/01 at 11:50 AM
tnm
3 Min Read
Advertisements

 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has launched a formal probe into allegations made by Nigerian rapper Oladipupo Oladimeji, popularly known as Oladips, that some of its operatives extorted N10 million from him during his detention in 2024.

In a recent appearance on the Trending podcast, Oladips recounted being arrested during a midnight operation conducted by the anti-graft agency at his Lagos residence in November 2024.

Advertisements

The musician said he was detained for five days before regaining his freedom, alleging that he had to pay N10 million despite no evidence of wrongdoing.

Advertisements

“They collected money (M10 million) from me before they released me. They didn’t find anything on me. So, what was the money for? What was all that stress and suffering for? It’s just Nigeria. Nigeria just happened to me,” he said.

Reacting to the claims, the EFCC, in a statement shared via its official X (formerly Twitter) account on Saturday, said it was treating the matter with “great seriousness” and had already begun investigations.

Advertisements

“The Commission wishes to state unreservedly that the grim picture painted by the artist does not reflect the true character of the EFCC,” the statement read.

“We have seen his claims and have commenced investigations accordingly. Officers in the team that handled his case have been summoned to the Corporate Headquarters of the Commission and relieved of their operational duties pending the conclusion of investigations.”

The anti-graft agency reaffirmed its commitment to transparency and accountability, vowing to punish any personnel found guilty of misconduct.

“The Commission is serious about its value of integrity and will take necessary action against any staff found to be culpable. It is also needful to state that if the allegation is found to be false and raised to malign the Commission or tarnish its image, appropriate sanctions will also be imposed,” it stated.

The EFCC urged Nigerians to remain patient as it conducts its investigation, assuring the public of its continued commitment to combating corruption.

 

Advertisements
TAGGED: EFCC, Oladipupo Oladimeji
Previous Article Gunmen kidnap Kebbi deputy speaker
Next Article TAFTA concludes groundbreaking women entrepreneurs development bootcamp
The NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
Follow US
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved. Contact: 08057511900
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advert rates
  • Privacy Policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?