By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The NewsmatricsThe NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
  • Homepage
  • News
    • Latest
    • From the state
    • Science and Tech
    • News Unusual
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Aviation
    • Maritime
    • Personal Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: EndSARS began irresponsible protests in Nigeria, says Bwala
Sign In
Notification Show More
Aa
The NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
Aa
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Search
  • Homepage
  • News
    • Latest
    • From the state
    • Science and Tech
    • News Unusual
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Aviation
    • Maritime
    • Personal Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sport
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved.
News

EndSARS began irresponsible protests in Nigeria, says Bwala

Last updated: 2025/02/13 at 7:56 AM
tnm
2 Min Read
Advertisements

The Special Adviser to the President on Policy Communication, Daniel Bwala, has described the #EndSARS protest as the beginning and foundation of “irresponsible protesting” in Nigeria.

Speaking on News Central Television yesterday, Bwala stated that the #EndSARS protest marked the onset of irresponsible protesting in the country, arguing that prior protests had been organised, unlike #EndSARS, which lacked structure.

Advertisements

Bwala acknowledged the mishandling by law enforcement during the protest, noting that security operatives were trying to maintain law and order.

Advertisements

“You want to shut down law and order in the country. There is no police anywhere in the world that will close their eyes to that fact. ’#EndSARS was the beginning and the foundation of irresponsible protesting. Before ##EndSARS, all the protests that we had in the country were organised. That’s why they were called organised protests.

“But the government didn’t shut down the protesters. However, there were misadventures by law enforcement, and I admit that. ‘’That’s why a panel was formed to investigate, and it released its findings. But many of the subsequent reports were based on fake news, particularly from CNN, which exaggerated several aspects of the story,” the presidential aide said.

Advertisements

Recall that the #EndSARS movement, lasted over 14 days in 2020 across major Nigerian cities, demanded the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, a division of the Nigerian police known for its brutality, extrajudicial killings, and corruption.

The protest, which initially began as a social media campaign, escalated dramatically, taking a tragic turn on October 20, 2020, when Nigerian security forces allegedly opened fire on unarmed demonstrators at the Lekki Toll Gate, sparking global outrage and widespread denials from the government.

 

Advertisements
TAGGED: Daniel Bwala, EndSARS# protest
Previous Article Tariff hike: NLC threatens to shut down telecos
Next Article Nigeria’s oil output rises by 4% to 1.737m bpd
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The NewsmatricsThe Newsmatrics
Follow US
© 2024 The News Matrics. By Datech.ict. All Rights Reserved. Contact: 08057511900
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advert rates
  • Privacy Policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?